Repair Café Lucerne: Fix it up, don't throw it out.
Wegen Covid-19 ist das nächste Durchführungsdatum noch offen
Both the Neubad and Bourbaki Repair Cafés in Lucerne are booming. Volunteer repair teams are looking for people who are good with their hands, no matter if they're already employed or retired. Are you good at fixing broken things such as electrical devices, gadgets, textiles, mechanical appliances, toys, jewelry and the like? Are you a people person keen on promoting sustainability? Then you've come to the right place! Our dynamic repair café team needs your help. Here's how it works: Visitors bring in their broken items and get to work fixing it in the repair café with the help of an expert. Tools and material are on hand to repair all sorts of gizmos. And on top of that you can talk shop over some coffee and cake.
How it will work:
– 10:00 a.m.: Welcome and introduction, set up worktables together
– 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
Repair broken items with visitors at your own worktable
– From 3:00 p.m.: Joint dismantling and review of lessons learned
– Free food / drink vouchers
– Whatever has been put in the donation box is divided up among all the experts at the end of the day
– Last: Group sit-down (voluntary)
Introduction and support:
given by host Christoph Notter with the assistance of expert colleagues.