Mentoring by fokusnetzwerk
As a mentor for fokusnetzwerk, you can use your knowledge and experience to help refugees gain new perspectives and enjoy a richer life in Swiss society. Together with a person from a refugee background, you can practice German over a coffee or during a walk, pursue a hobby or complete math homework together.
Of course, there are other areas that you can choose, or you can suggest your own.
At fokusnetzwerk you can work with a refugee for six months on an area that suits your strengths and interests.
Idea generators: Yilian
- Six months, hours by agreement (e.g., one hour weekly or bi-weekly)
- To be agreed.
- First meeting with fokusnetzwerk will take place in Schlieren or a separate location to be determined.
How it will work:
- After an initial getting to know each other appointment, you will engage in regular, individual exchanges with your mentee.
- These can be meet-ups, phone calls or video calls, ideally every one or two weeks.
- There will be a detailed initial discussion and introduction.
- Regular information, further training opportunities and group sessions are provided to support your volunteer work.
- There is also a group chat on Facebook and WhatsApp.
- You will support a refugee through a one-to-one mentoring.
- You can choose which area(s) to focus on: looking for work, networking, lessons or tutoring, finding accommodation, reading and writing letters, contacting authorities, cooking together, engaging in sport/cultural activities, integrating into life in Switzerland, etc.
What you'll need:
- You live in the canton of Zurich and are able to meet regularly in Zurich city and surrounding areas.
- You can communicate well in German.
German, French, English
fokusnetzwerk is a project developed by prointegration, a non-profit association that has been advising and assisting people with integration and career-related questions and concerns since 2017.
fokusnetzwerk provides a platform that connects refugees and local volunteer mentors by region based on shared interests and topics.