Zug: Collect food items in Zug for those in need
Important note: Will be carried out taking protective measures into consideration
On 1 September we will be collecting food items to save them from going to waste. The Swiss food aid organization Tischlein deck dich (“Wishing-Table”) will then distribute these at 132 points throughout Switzerland to people affected by poverty.
A 3x3 m tent will be set up in front of several UBS branches. As a volunteer, you will ask passers-by to donate/deposit food items in the tent. These can be food items* brought from home or that they have just bought. (*unopened, non-refrigerated items in perfect condition such as rice, canned goods, oil, vinegar, pasta, sugar, flour, salt, etc. Items must be in date; no fresh products or frozen food). The items will then be taken to nearby regional warehouses of Tischlein deck dich, where they will be repackaged and distributed to people affected by poverty in Switzerland.
Assignment: 1 and/or 2 September 2021.
Commitment: At least 3 hours, ideally between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Generators of ideas: Tischlein deck dich
Current project status
3 spacesare still free (out of a total of 4)
20 daysremaining until (registration deadline)
- Wednesday, 1st September 2021
- Commitment: Three to six hours
- Additional possible commitment : 2 September -> see additional project descriptions
How it works:
- Register your interest and indicate your availability (10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and/or 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.).
- You will receive detailed information shortly before the assignment.
- Break times to be arranged by agreement at assignment location.
- In a 3x3m tent, you will be accepting food donations and informing passers-by that they can donate food on-site (food from home or just purchased).
- Short on-site introduction by the supervisor.
- A supervisor will be at hand on-site to answer questions.
- You are friendly and outgoing
- You can speak German
Zug vor UBS Filiale
10:00 - 16:00 Uhr
Tischlein deck dich saves food items from going to waste and distributes them to people affected by poverty throughout Switzerland and in Liechtenstein. We manage to give food to around 20,000 people in need each week at our 132 distribution points.
TDD’s respectful approach to food items is a meaningful and environmentally sustainable contribution to society.
The organization Tischlein deck dich is an industry initiative characterized by its professionalism, commitment and common sense approach.