Special Olympics National Summer Games, volunteers
Special Olympics National Summer Games SG 2022 –volunteers, 17 June 2022.
The next National Summer Games organized by Special Olympics Switzerland will take place from 16 to 19 June 2022. Athletes with intellectual disabilities will compete for medals across 14 different disciplines. The National Summer Games 2022 in St. Gallen is a powerful symbol of our commitment to inclusion: with and for our special athletes, in the heart of society!
Current project status
42 spacesare still free (out of a total of 48)
19 daysremaining until (registration deadline)
- Friday, 17 June 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Further opportunities between 16 and 19 June:
Saturday, 18 June 2022, register here
Sunday, 19 June 2022, register here
Track and field facility, Neudorf
How it will work:
- Meeting on site
- Briefing on the different tasks/roles by the coordinator
- Setting up of the competition areas
- Topic-specific volunteering according to sports program
- Tidying up of the competition areas
- No advance training required.
- Tasks will be explained to you on site and on the day.
Volunteers are supported by the event directors.
- Setting up of competition areas
- Check-in of teams
- Accompanying athletes at the start and at award ceremonies
- Helping athletes take part in sports
- Ensuring that competitors take part in heats on-schedule
What you'll need:
- No specific requirements or skills necessary
- Knowledge of German
Leichtathletik Anlage Neudorf
9016 St. Gallen
08:30 - 17:00 Uhr
German, French, Italian, English
Special Olympics is the world’s largest organization for people with disabilities. We offer regular training and educational opportunities and the chance to take part in national and international competitions. The National Games are the biggest sporting events in Switzerland for the disabled